Getting started with torretnts
BitTorrent is easy and effective way to share your files with others.
All you need is to create small *.torrent file that contains the information such as the file title, overall size, the amount of pieces the file has been broken down into and theirs sizes etc.
Then place it on the torrent tracker - specific server which assist a communication between your computer and those who want to download your shared files.
Its especially useful for transfer large amount of data because you don’t need to upload all data to the host - just let downloading files from your computer in the network.
1. Download and install one of BitTorrent clients.
You can download them for free. Here are some of them:
- uTorrent - a lightweight and easy-to-use client (http://www.utorrent.com/)
- The official BitTorrent client (http://www.bittorrent.com)
- Azureus - a more advanced BitTorrent client (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/)
- BitComet - a user-friendly BitTorrent client (http://www.bitcomet.com/)
2. Find a file you want to download and click download link
3. Save and open *.torrent file
Internet browser can offer you to open *.torrent file automatically with BitTorrent client.
Otherwise you can save *.torrent file and then open it manually from folder where it was saved.
You can choose files to download. Click OK to start downloading.
Downloading process has started.
You can see the progress bar with download properties:
4. Seeding Torrent
Remember to seed a torrent keeping uTorrent running. Always try to upload at least as much as you download.
That's the way to keep the bittorrent network alive.
At the picture you see the "Ratio": having a share rating above 1.0 means you have uploaded more than you have downloaded, which is good. In this case 0.000, which is bad.
For more information read FAQs.